Amazon In Australia – How to keep your pants and sell them?
As you may have read, Amazon is here, having started work on their first leased warehouse in Australia on the outskirts of Melbourne, and the $12 billion dollar predicted revenue swing in its favour.
Well, there’s reason to be concerned if you own a bricks and mortar store or an online store but that doesn’t mean you need to be scared… just prepared.
It’s not a case of doomsday prepping more being a boy scout always be prepared.
- Be omniscient with omnichannel marketing. We preach it often to our clients you must be multichanneled in your approach to business (any business) nowadays but not only must there be multiple channels they must work in unison. Your customers, clients, patrons all are spoilt for choice so give them a seamless experience that is the same, be it on the phone, in the store or conversing via a live chat. If you keep it consistent your customers will reward you with loyalty (obviously the product should be good as well).
- Speaking of products… is your business’ reason for being in alignment with Amazon? If not, accentuate your point of difference.
- Remember to be Creative – It’s our reason for being. The term Digital Disruptor is oft used for the likes of Uber and AirBnB but Amazon, a company that’s been around for over a decade, rarely gets that moniker. But disruption is actually it’s main aim. Continue to be creative in your messaging – it’s a great strategy – the reason that disruptor is able to rattle the cage is because they are doing things differently so why not do things a little differently yourself. Be it, as simple as new product or offer to keep things interesting all the way to reengaging your audience with carefully curated content or a new advertising campaign that will not only reengage your audience but perhaps even look to open new doors.
If you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em. That’s right join them set up shop in Amazon Marketplace continue to build your customer base right from the belly of the beast.
· If you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em. That’s right join them set up shop in Amazon Marketplace continue to build your customer base right from the belly of the beast.
· Don’t give them a reason to leave – continue to provide the best possible service you can again loyalty is a massive thing even in today’s world of supposedly fickle minded consumerism we are still creatures of habit and will go with what we know more often than not.
· Stand for something – Choose a cause, take up arms this ties into a couple of the above points. If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything – I hate using clichés and I think I am at my limit for this article – but it’s high time to set yourself out from the pact by having a backbone.
We can’t be there to offer your customers a hand with their goods to their car but we can help you with the rest. If you want to know more drop us a line @ firstname.lastname@example.org